Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Under construction...

I've always wanted to take the plunge and reach out to the world through the written word with my ideas about art, psychology, and the healing properties inherent in creativity. I have, instead, only reached out through my art making where it feels safe. My fear of putting words "out there" is that my words would be misinterpreted... misunderstood... judged or laughed at. Hence, my reluctance to have produced any of my ideas into professional journal articles, but I am working on that thanks to one of my wonderful colleagues and friends, whom many years ago was a student and in many ways has become my mentor to keep me moving forward and believing in myself and the work that I do.

I love the title today for my first blog: Under Construction. It refers not only to this blog but also to myself as I regain confidence lost and find the words to speak.


Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment