Sunday, July 13, 2014

Meditation Monday no. 7: June 30, 2014

Splitting Headache, 6.30.2014, Watercolor, M. Rattigan

Some wandering thoughts and images this meditation Monday:
The thought, "Do not disturb", a person in a sound-proof booth,
The thought, "Do not enter",
and finally, an image of a skull splitting slightly off-center.

I feel this last one-- up at the top and travelling behind my eyes and nose and again in between my eyes.  A wedge of pressure forcing itself into this fissure.  It sits and splits... plays with my eyes and makes the light hurt.  Calling it a headache minimizes it.  I keep going on.  Everyday.  What other choice do I have? Guess it's learning to live with the annoyance.

Then there's the guilt.  Yup.  Guilt.  "It's just a headache."  I didn't lose a limb, fight a war, survive a trauma; so I want to just move on.  But I can't.  I don't know why I have them... why I still have them... everyday.

Does "do not disturb" mean I shouldn't bother?  Does "do not enter" mean I shouldn't even 'go' there?  The sound proof box makes me think I am not really being heard.  Honestly I think I am just confused.  What I do know is that my head... well, it's still splitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment